- Gooseberries are a category of strongly branched bushes, provided with long thorns (7-15mm), disposed one or three at the bottom of the bud, on stems. The fruit formations grow on 2 years old wood, they have a good production between 3-6 years, after which they dry up and need to be replaced with new growths.
- The fruit is a soft, green, yellowish or pink polysperm, which is maturing at the end of June and early July. All varieties have the ability of self-pollination.
- The maximum fruit yields are obtained between 5-7 years from planting and are 4-6 kg / bush, respectively 12-15t / ha.
- Gooseberries are multiplying by semi-milled seedlings, marcots, bush splitting and grafting in T in August, with a bud with scutiser or a wooded tip. Grassing grain is used to obtain shrubs with a trunk of 25-50 cm, the rootstock is the Ribes aureum.
- Rolanda (piros koszmete kep): It is a variety with early ripening, the fruits are large, oval, with red pulp, particularly lookful and tasty. It has vigorous growth, good resistance to flaking. Production is abundant.
For orders and other products, go to: » www.4garden.ro